Monday, May 30, 2011

New York to Istanbul

I'm sitting in a little cafe with wifi in the airport in Istanbul right now, sippin on my tiny Turkish coffee, munchin on this amazing $15 salad (balls...should've checked the Turkish exchange rate), and listening to "Don't Go Breakin My Heart" and "Stand By Me" (love). I was expecting something a little more...Turkish, but this is amusing.

I should probably start taking cooking classes, but it turned out alright
Olive
I've officially signed the lease on my new apartment. Forgot to take pics, but I'll get some up when I can. The rest of my time in NY was crazy and unreal, as usual. Wandered around Manhattan taking pics of anything and everything that caught my eye (not as many people as I would've liked though, to limit my creeper status), bought some new shoes (Hil, you'd appreciate these 5-inchers), and busted my knee in my clumsiness. One day, I'll be graceful. One day. But don't worry--the bartender at the place we ended up at later that night cleaned it up with 151. Excellent idea. Burned like a sunburned eyeball. Quickly running out of bandaids...I knew I should've brought more. Damn.

Every kind of person is here at this airport--American, French, Turkish, Asian of sorts, backpackers, business men. Kinda wish I could explore Istanbul a bit...but I'd only have three hours or so...and if I missed my flight to Nairobi...well, I guess there are worse things, but it certainly wouldn't be ideal. 

Currently making friends in this little airport joint. Landed myself an invitation to hang out in Turkey. Interesting fella. His parents are from Iran, he was born in Israel, and he now lives in Turkey.

tiny Turkish coffee packs a punch
Well, I'm gettin kinda antsy sitting here, so I think I'll go wander around a bit. Maybe one day I'll come back specifically to see Istanbul. Looks gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment