Monday, December 27, 2010

Next Up: Burma

Sitting in Starbucks, sippin on my ridiculously sweet and oh-so-delicious caramel brulee latee (had to switch up the white chocolate mocha trend) in the satisfyingly red holiday cup, getting ready for this trip. Pops and I are taking off tomorrow from LAX (aka madhouse). Paid my bills, took out a fat cashwad from BofA (no ATMs or card usage in Burma. frickin sanctions), sent off my questionable political reading material (but decided to keep Mandela's autobiography. if they try to take it from me I'll hurt someone). The travel staples are packed: peanut butter, chocolate, beef jerky, running shoes, sports bras, ipod. Never got around to prophylaxing so if I contract malaria, I could possibly be screwed. heh. Cross your fingers.

Hiking the bump'n grind with the sibs on Christmas
Haven't totally booked all my hotels and domestic transportation, so this could get very interesting. Went to lunch with the homies; my fortune cookie said, "You will soon find more adventure in your life." So I have faith that everything will fall into place eventually. I'll try to keep you posted once I'm on the ground. Two layovers and two days from tomorrow, I'll be in Rangoon. Internet'll be censored and spotty, but if you'd like to get in touch with me, gmail should work (crystalakyaw@gmail.com) and possibly skype (crystalkyaw...I think). I'll get back at you from Burma, which as Rudyard Kipling has famously written, is "quite unlike any land you know about."

If I don't talk to you before then, Happy New Years!

1 comment: